I'm Kristin Hanson, the maker of things in Spareoom*.
- I'm married to a handsome man named David, mom to a lovely daughter, Missy/ Miss E/ Emmaline (that's not her real name) and handsome baby boy, Geth (not his real name, either).
- I graduated from USU with a BA in Art History and a minor in History.
- My hobbies are: sewing, photography, graphic design, reading, and various fine arts.
- I dislike making dinner and doing dishes, but for the sake of my family, I do both. Sometimes.
- My maternal Grandmother was a tailor and made 90% of my mother's dresses, including her wedding dress. My mom gave her a picture of a Gibson girl and Grandma recreated it. Sadly, she passed away when I was 5, so I never got to know her very well nor pick her brain.
- Also, my paternal Grandmother, my mother, my mother-in-law and my grandmother in-law are all accomplished seamstresses. I am so lucky to be surrounded by them and to learn from their wisdom.
- My mom started teaching me to sew when I was 8 or 10. I can't really remember a time when I wasn't dabbling in sewing. Although, I never really got crazy about sewing until college, when my adorable roommate Amy opened my eyes to the world of fashion design. Bless her wickedly talented soul.
- I believe in red lipstick, eyebrow pencil, and mascara as the ultimate 5 min face. My favorite shade of red is #645 Red Renewal by Maybelline.
*Familiar with the Chronicles of Narnia? Then my blog title might ring a bell. Mr Tumnus calls Lucy, Lucy from the land of Spareoom in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. My husband and I have called my sewing/ craft room the spareoom since we moved into our home.