Five years ago, when we were pregnant with Emmaline, it was a no brainer. We had her name picked out far before her conception.
Now, as we comtemplate names for baby #2, I find myself stumped. I have a list of names that I have collected over the years, but many of them the Hubby doesn't love. Le sigh.
So, lets talk naby names!
Since the dr thinks its a boy, lets start with a few of my favorite boy names:
- Amos - sturdy, off beat, with a lot of British flair. The Hubs worked with an Amos, who was an awesome due. Only concern, the poor kid being called Famous Amos or anus.
- Aston - love the cars, love the pronnounciation (Austin), but the spelling will throw the car ignorant off. And Aston Hanson is one too many -ons.
- West - ever since I read The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood in high school, I have loved the name. Hubby dislikes that its not a "real name".
- Lee - you can thank Lee Pace for my love of this name. Just cant saddle a child with a plain name like Lee Hanson. Espcially when there are so many female Leighs floating around.
- Webb - another name thats strong, yet offbeat. I love the way it sounds with Hanson, but the Hubs isnt a fan. Plus, the spider webb nickname may haunt him.
- Eoin - the Irish form of John (which is the given name of both our fathers). This one went on the list early this year. I love the sound, but yet again, the poor thing would have his name mispronounced all the time. Hubby doesn't like it either, but I think it would make a great middle name.
- Lewis - my late Grandfather's name. He went by Lew and I love it. Love it. We will use it one day, the hubby has no say in it, but most likely as a middle name.
- Warren - I'm a direct descendant of Richard Warren, so this name is rich in history for me. Hubby doesn't like it much, (he really dislikes the current trend of last names as first names) but I argue that Warren Beatty made it cool long before people started using last names as first names.
Now its your turn!
What names do you adore for a baby boy??