Goodbye 2012, hello 2013!

Yikes! Has it really been two months since I posted here last? I really am a sporadic blogger, made even more inconsistent because of pregnancy. Only two months (give or take a few weeks/days) left of being a space cadet!

First things first, I made a goal last year to not buy any fabric in 2012. It was a highly undocumented goal, despite my best efforts. At some point, I'll put together a collage of the items I made through out the year. Although, I only managed to take pictures of a few of them.

But, I made it!! Hip, hip!

Things I've learned:


  • I don't need to buy lots of fabric. Sure, the siren call of an awesome print is hard to resist, but I don't really need to buy it.
  • Notions are pricey! I've started buying things in bulk when there are sales on notions, even before I need them.
  • I use a lot of interfacing. A lot.
  • Being creative is a challenge, but oh so rewarding.
  • I have no boy friendly fabric.


I think I may do this once every few years, just to decrease the piles of fabric I accumulate. My stash is now half of what it was to start with. With a baby boy on the way, I'm sure my stash will grow exponentially. As of now, everything I have is girly!

Secondly, I'd like to post up our family letter for 2012. We had a fantastic year, with ups and downs like every other year. My little family has grown stronger, increased our faith in our Savior, and have been more thankful than ever for the help sent our way. We are eternally grateful for the blessing from our Heavenly Father and the loving support of our families and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment