For my second stash project, I made another Junebug dress inspired frock.
This time, I took an old house dress/coat I bought at a thrift store in college and cut it up. I completely forgot to snap a before picture, but just imagine a 60s house dress, knee length, sleeveless, with giant buttons down the front. Ah, the days when I loved all things crazy and vintage. The cotton, albeit retina burning in print, is a really nice heavy cotton that I thought would make an excellent play dress for Miss Emmaline.
My changes to the Junebug dress for this dress are quite different from the Birthday dress. Since I already had the bodice and skirt drafted up, this frock was super easy to change up and crank out.
Problem is, now that I've made it a play dress, I rather like the fabric pattern on a pint sized person... It may kill me when it gets a stain that won't budge. Ah well, she's got to have at least one dress she can wear while tromping through weeds.
Just wait, I have yet another stash project to share! I'm not quite done with it (it needs button holes and buttons), but it's another failed attempt to enter into the Project Run and Play sew at home competition.