Oldie, but goodie: Easter Dresses 2011


As I am still with out a computer, I figured I'd do a few "oldies but goodies" reposts of previous projects, posted on my old blog.  Enjoy!

****

As I mentioned before, I bought my Easter dress this year. (pictures to come, promise)

That is my excuse for the absolute frivolity I am about to share with you.

I had purchased a sparkly swirl chiffon for a princess dress for Bean, but it ended up being too pink for what I wanted. So, I figured I'd pick up some pink satin and use it for this years Easter dress for her. I wanted a short sleeve dress with a full skirt and Simplicity patterns were $1 at Joanns, so I picked one up that fit the bill.

I decided that the pattern just wasn't enough.

The dress told me that it should have petticoat tulle underneath for some poof.



And  needed a sash.



With some rosettes.



Whats a pattern, anyhow, but a starting point? Even with my additions, the pattern was well written and easy to follow (I beginning to change my mind about Simplicity....). And I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I may either shorten the satin hem or add a ruffle to the chiffon overlay, since the 1" difference is bothering me.

Overboard? Maybe.

But she loves it, so I'm happy.

Pattern used: Simplicity 5704 (dress) and 2726 (rosettes & ties)

No comments:

Post a Comment