Oldie, but goodie: RePurpose


As I am still with out a computer, I figured I'd do a few "oldies but goodies" reposts of previous projects. Enjoy!

*****

Have you heard of Project Run and Play? It's a competition a la Project Runway, with various bloggers who sew children's clothes competing for something. Honestly, I have no idea what the prize is for winning, but I like following the blog and getting inspiration from the weekly challenges.  Week before last's challenge was vintage or retro inspired clothing, so I decided that I should merge two shirts I had that were just waiting to be refashioned into a dress for the Bean. Taking inspiration from the sweet 50s/60s (of course I didn't save the picture when I found it on google search and now I can't find it again) and with a little help from Simplcity, I created this:

{jeggings - only adorable on pint sizes}
from these:
This fucshia shirt is a H&M smock that I bought while nursing - it looked really good then, but after we I moved on from that and I lost a bit of weight, it just looks frumpy dumpy.


This navy shirt is a Gap shirt my Mom bought me in my nursing days, as well. The top part always looked good, but the bottom was too billowy for my frame so I always looked preggo. No beuno.


Both shirts were made out of lovely fabric (hello navy blue eyelet! fuchsia and navy blue floral!) and I think together they look smashing.  To make the toddler jumper, I just cut up the bottom of the navy shirt into bias strips (for the ruffle and the edging of the yoke), used the eyelet for the top of the jumper, and then cut down the middle of the fuchsia, keeping the pockets intact, but reducing the amount of fabric. I wish I had been able to get a clear shot of the pockets - Bean is really into pockets these days and is thrilled that this dress has them for all her rocks.

Thanks, Project Run & Play for giving me the inspiration I needed to finally turn these duds into an adorable jumper!

No comments:

Post a Comment